Thursday, May 15, 2008

I am a Mommy!

I am a Mommy! I went in Wednesday May 7th at 6:00 am for the scheduled induction and everything went great. They induced at 8 am and then at 8:30 Dr. Goolsby came in to break my water. She examined me, and gush, my water broke right there. I got my epidural an hour later and started progressing well.

About an hour into labor I started to really start feeling the contractions, so they gave me a booster shot of drugs. Forty-five minutes later I am having to hee-hee breathe and I am really uncomfortable. My nurse called for the anesthesiologist to come and give me a new epidural. What had happened was the catheter had fallen out. Not fun!!! So I experienced about an hour and a half of active labor up to 7 cm. After I got the new epidural life was grand! I started pushing at 1 pm and Sydney Yvette was born at 2:42 pm. The doctor said she came out with her eyes wide open and she was holding the umbilical cord in her arms. She weighed a whopping 6 lbs 5 oz and was 20.75 inches.

We came home Friday afternoon and we are doing great. I have to say this is more than I ever could have imagined and my heart is over flowing with love for this little person.

2 comments:

Matt and Emily said...

Congratulations!! Your daughter is beautiful! Matt and I will enjoy visiting your site to watch her as she grows. God Bless!

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

we got your announcement today.
congratulations. she is very sweet and gorgeous. glad to have found your blog. look forward to more pictures and hearing more about Sydney.

C, R, E, and P